Sunday, August 06, 2006

One down, only three gazillion more to go

Finally, another FO! Let's celebrate the reduction of my stash, even though it's only a little reduction. I made a baby hat, using some of the yarn I had leftover from my nephew's Christening Cardigan.


The green is actually much lighter and softer than in the picture. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, and it's incredibly soft. I just love knitting with it! I still have some more leftover, and I'm looking forward to using it!
I don't have a baby who could model the hat, and I'm definitely not going to put it on a doll's head because I think this looks creepy as hell! Like they'd come alive any second... Anyways, the hat's supposed to look like this:


I made it in firstborne's size. The style is really cool, because it covers so much of the baby's head. But I think it's a bit strange that the hat's name translates into "devil's hat"... What did I say about creepiness before?

No comments: