Saturday, October 21, 2006

Wavy

Guys, where did the time go? It seems to be flying lately, and there's so much I want / have to do!

I took a little break of K's sweater and started my Wavy scarf, so I can wear it once the weather turns nasty. The yarn turned out to be quite good, definitely not too flat.


wavy2, originally uploaded by d.knit.

Too bad the light wasn't good. I like the picture though.



wavy1, originally uploaded by d.knit.

Wavy, in its full beauty. It was actually too dark to take pictures, but I wanted to photograph the progress anyway. The scarf's growing, but I'm not sure if I want to make it wider than it is. It's now about 10 cm (4 in), unstretched though; but the more I knit, the less likely I'm going to frog it and cast on with more stitches. Maybe I can make it wider when I block it.

And before I finish up today, thanks again for all the comments on my Victoria Tank! Yes, I did make it myself. No, I don't mind some midriff-baring, as long as it doesn't show too much (the show-off-my-belly days are over); plus, once the straps are longer, the whole tank will reach further down. The pattern was in the Interweave Knits Summer 2004 issue, and I didn't use the recommended yarn. I bought some Rowan 4ply cotton instead, 5 balls to be exact, but only used 4 for the second-smallest size and two gigantic gauge swatches. I have seen a picture of Glampyre's Orangina, and I think that the stitches are the same, too. I think I got the idea for the Rowan yarn from that pattern.
I liked knitting the tank; it's knit in the round, so no seaming - a yay for that! The pattern may look complicated at first sight, but as it's repeated over and over again, it gets easy after a while.

And this is for Heather: I haven't forgotten the translation for the baby booties, so please be (even more) patient with me! If you need the pattern urgently, contact me, and I can email you the pattern in German.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I would love to knit the booties for my cousin's baby that is due next month & give them to her around Christmas time. Do you think you will get a chance to post the translation by early Dec? I think that will give me plenty of time to knit them - I'm fairly new to knitting so I'm still a bit slow :) If not, the pattern in German would be fine, too, when you get a chance. I work with someone who speaks & reads German fluently. I can ask her to translate for me. The booties are so cute. I know my cousin is going to love them. By the way… pretty colors used to knit the wavy. I look forward to the day I can knit cool things like that, too!

Anonymous said...

your scarf looks great! Its going like a weed : )

Erica said...

Hi, I am new to your blog but wanted to say that your wavy scarf looks fantastic! I am enjoying your posts :)